Elecraft T1 Portable QRP Auto Antenna Tuner
The compact dimensions 215×74×62mm and the weight of 623g make it an interesting transceiver for portable operations.
Use with any Low-Power Transceiver
The T1 can be used with any 0.5-W to 20-W transceiver covering bands in the 160-6 m range. This includes kits, home-built rigs, and commercial transceivers such as the Icom IC-705, mcHF SDR QRP, etc.
Quick, Convenient, and Accurate
The T1’s 7-inductor, 7-capacitor L-network provides a wide matching range, and its re-tune time from memory is just 1 to 2 seconds. Equally important, the T1 always tries to achieve a 1.0:1 SWR-it doesn’t stop at 1.5:1 or 2.0:1 like some tuners. You won’t even need to change modes to tune. You can use SSB voice or a keyer as well as a constant carrier (AM, FM, CW, etc.).
Factory-Assembled or Complete Kit
You can purchase the T1 assembled and tested, or as an easy-to-build kit. Our professionally written, fully illustrated assembly manual provides step-by-step instructions, and no alignment is required.
Unsurpassed Technical Support
If you have any difficulty, our technical support via telephone and the Internet will get your T1 up and running quickly. You can also get answers to nearly any question day or night from the helpful, tech-savvy hams on our e-mail user group.
- Inductance range: 0-7.5 μH in 128 steps
- Capacitance range: 0-1300 pF in 128 steps
- Network: Series L, shunt C (switchable)
- Tuning times (typical): 2 to 8 seconds for initial tuning; 1 to 2 seconds to re-tune from memory
- Frequency range: 1.8 to 54 MHz
- Max power: 20 W peak, 10 W continuous (10 W peak on 6 meters)
- SWR/power display: 1:1 to 3:1 and 0.5 to 10 watts on three LEDs (5 gradations)
- Supply voltage: 8 to 10 VDC; 9-volt Ultralife lithium or alkaline battery recommended
- Current drain: 20 mA average during TUNE; 0 mA when off (auto power-off)
- Size: 4.4 x 2.5 x 0.9″ (11.2 x 6.3 x 2.3 cm)
- Weight: 5 oz. (0.14 kg)
- Small size, ideal for home, mobile, camping, and HF Pack use
- Stand-alone; works with any low-power rig
- 160 through 6-meter coverage
- Handles up to 20 watts (10 W continuous)
- Finds lowest SWR; doesn’t stop at 1.5:1 or 2:1
- Tunes in any mode (constant carrier, SSB voice, CW keying, AM, FM, packet, etc.)
- Many tune-ups are saved for fast re-tuning