Elecraft KXPA100 100W Amplifier
At Elecraft, we know how rewarding low-power operation can be; that’s why we offer a range of QRP transceivers optimized for portable and emergency communications. But there are times when higher power is needed to get the job done, and this is where the KXPA100 comes in. Whether you’re using it with a KX3 or other low-power rig, this versatile, 100-W amplifier can automatically and silently boost your signal to overcome difficult band conditions.
If you also have the KXAT100 module installed, you’ll have the advantages of a wide-range automatic antenna tuner (ATU). The KXAT100 provides automatic retuning, instant recall of tuning element settings, and dual antenna jacks.
When used with the KX3 and its amplifier control cable, the ATU’s TUNE switch, ANT switch, and menu functions can all be controlled directly from the KX3. In any setting–fixed, mobile, or field–we hope you find the rugged, compact KXPA100 a valuable addition to your station.
- 100 watts at 13.8 V, 1.8 to 29.7 MHz and 80 watts 50-54 MHz PEP CW/SSB/DATA; ± 1 dB
- 13.8 VDC powered; 20 A typical current drain (11 V with lower output. 15 V max)
- 7 lbs with KXAT100 installed. 10 x 5.125 x 4.25″
- Compact unit ideal for both desktop and mobile use
- Solid-state diode T/R switching — fast, silent T/R and QSK
- Large convection-cooled heat sink for reliable and quiet operation
- Modern design with rugged MOSFET output stage
- Internal wide-range automatic antenna tuner (KXAT100 ATU option)
- Second antenna jack provided with KXAT100 ATU option; controlled by KX3 or the KX2
- Fast, bright LED bar graphs for power and status; KXAT100 ATU option adds SWR bar graph
- Seamless integration with the Elecraft KX3 and KX2 transceivers
- Works well with any low-power transceiver, requiring only RF and PA KEY inputs
- RF-based frequency counter automatically switches bands with any rig
- Support band-data input for the K3/10, KX3, Yaesu FT-817, Icom IC-703, and other rigs
- Dual APP power connectors to connect the KX2/KX3 directly to the back of the KXPA100 amp for ease of placement on the operating position.
- KXPA100’s PC port allows use of remote-control and logging applications with the KX3 without software configuration changes
- KXAT100 ATU settings saved per band, per band segment, and per antenna for instant recall
- KXPACBL adapter connects KX3 to the KXPA100 with a single cable for keying, band data, and control
- KXAT100 internal ATU option matches 10:1 SWR (5:1 typical on 160 m and 6 m); uses Elecraft’s fast matching algorithm
- KX2ACBL provides the connections from a KX2 – be sure to order the KXPACBL cable kit to complete the interface